Lotsa cuteness to record. Here we go!
New Words/Phrases: Gracie has caught onto the idea of possessives (as in, what belongs to whom), but amazingly, she doesn't talk about what's hers. She just points out things that belong to other people. For example, she almost always finishes her breakfast before I've started mine, but she still wants to eat mine. :) If I'm not in a sharing mood, I say, "No, this is Mommy's" and then she'll come back a few minutes later, point to my food, and say, "Mommy's." Then she leaves and goes about her business. I'm just grateful that (so far), she's not into the "Mine, mine, mine!" stage. I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts! Here are some other words/phrases I remember:
kneeling - "neening" (she does this for prayer now!)
potty - "pobby" (more on that later)
beautiful - "bee-you-foo"
Hickory-Dickory-Dock - "ree-ree-rock"
hold you - "hoad you" (does this when she wants to be held)
clean up - "neen-up"
She can also fill in words to familiar songs and books. She loves "Click, Clack, Moo" and will finish sentences in it if we let her. Also, one night we were singing "I Am a Child of God" and paused at the end of each phrase, and she said the right word every time! It's amazing that she's been listening and remembering all this time! She can do this with a lot of songs, we've noticed, and it's so cute!
New Injury: Nothing serious! Yay!
Favorite Foods: She really likes beans this week. It's taken a long time for her to eat them, but she's finally doing it. She still won't eat most meats (I think it's a texture thing?), but she likes beans, so that's fine by me! Just so she gets some protein!
Favorite Books: "Click, Clack, Moo" and her Disney Princesses book from Aunt Jenni
Favorite Movie: Lilo & Stitch; last night she wanted to watch it so badly that she even started singing, "Lilo, Lilo! Stitch, Stitch, Stitch!" :)
Other: She is becoming a great helper to me lately. She loves to help clean up and helps to sing the clean-up song as we tidy the family room. She also helped me bake for the first time a couple weeks ago. We made pancakes for Daddy one Sunday, and it was really fun. I got everything ready first and then let her dump the ingredients in the bowl and help me mix. She did really well (except for trying to mix the eggs with her hands!), and we had a good time. Here are a couple of pictures
We have also "started" potty training. I use the word "started" loosely, because we've mostly just talked about it and gotten the equipment (potty chair, books, training pants). I don't think she's quite ready, but I've been letting her play with and sit on the potty chair, and she just loves it. I'm in no rush to get her trained, but I'm a little scared about starting. Any advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, here are some pictures of her sitting on the potty, just 'cause I think they're so darn cute!
In other news, she hasn't asked about or talked about her binky for at least a week. She takes longer to fall asleep than she did with the binky, but she still sleeps well. Hooray!
And last but not least, Gracie went to the cardiologist last week and got an excellent report! He said her heart looks good and that she doesn't need to come back for a year! (When she was younger, we were going every few weeks!) She had trouble gaining weight after her second surgery and I would dread our visits, because he was so negative about everything, but all was forgiven when he saw her this time and said, "Gracie, you look marvelous!" It was such a relief, because the worrier in me keeps thinking, "What if something goes wrong? What if she needs another surgery?" I was so glad to hear that everything looks good. :)
Well, I better go. Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A little weird, but, I think this is where adults get it. We give little kids books and such to get them to use the potty, but now we put reading material by the john out of habit. I wonder who started that? ;)
Post a Comment